[Media-watch] Re: Media-watch digest

Tony Sutton tonysutton at newsdesign.net
Wed Mar 26 21:04:15 GMT 2003

Just a thought: why is it that the mainstream media is loathe to show pictures of the violence caused by acts of war, but rarely show images of anti-war demonstrations unless they are violent ?

Tony Sutton

NEW ON COLDTYPE.NET

Our third Book-in-Progress

LONDON CALLING

Commentary from The Guardian by George Monbiot

George Monbiot, acclaimed author of "Captive State: The Corporate Takeover of Britain", and the investigative travel books "Poisoned Arrows", "Amazon Watershed" and "No Man¹s Land" writes a hard-hitting commentary column each week in the London-based British national newspaper, The Guardian. Now these columns each week on coldtype.net as a multi-page pdf download. We have also designed a four-colour cover (above) to accompany the pdfs, which fit in a 8.5" by 11" loose-leaf binder.

Check out Monbiot's first seven columns of the year at http://www.coldtype.net/London.html

24-PAGE PHOTO-ESSAY

TORONTO PROTESTS
AGAINST BUSH'S WAR

Thousands of people in Toronto joined forces with millions of others around the world on Satuday, March 15, 2003, in a final protest against the war that is expected to be declared by U.S. President George Bush and his allies against the people of Iraq. Tony Sutton's photo-essay captures the memorable occasion

Check it out at http://www.coldtype.net/photo.html

Plus Robert Fisk, Norman Solomon, Michael I. Niman and much, much more. All in pdf downloads. All free . . .