[Media-watch] (no subject)

YvonneMarshall Brotherhoods at stevenston4.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Mar 21 23:52:18 GMT 2003

Dear Alex,

A brief note to thank you for reading (in full)
the  e-mail I sent you yesterday - it was a quote from a small book by
Robin Ramsay called 'The Rise of New Labour' :

'I have taken from my party everything they
thought they believed in. What keeps it together is success and
power.'
     - attributed to Tony Blair
by Andrew Rawnsley in his Servants Of The People (2001 paperback edition), page
195

At the time of writing, Baghdad is experiencing the
'Shock and Awe' strategy promised by the US administration, and there can be few
who have not already witnessed coverage of  that city being subjected
to a military assault of unprecedented ferocity.

It was promised by Rumsfeld, and now it is
being delivered. Those of us who oppose this war, and the methods being
used to pursue it, are coming under increasing pressure to hush, to support 'wur
boays', to accept that the show of strength currently being dutifully delivered
to all peoples of the world via mass-media will not be
contested.

But it IS being contested, 24-hours-a-day by
movements of people all over this planet - as some go to bed, exhausted after
marching for miles, others wake in other places and meet their friends, put the
finishing touches to their banners and face-make-up and head off to the
places where they will meet with many others to scream their resistance to
the slaughter now happening.

Thank you for reading my message on-air. I know
that, as a professional broadcaster, you will be well-aware that
whatever you and your colleagues do in the weeks ahead will be carefully
monitored, not only by your bosses (and their bosses) but by the millions of
folk who rely on your organisation to accurately reflect what we are thinking
and feeling.

Best regards,

Ian Brotherhood