[Media-watch] FW: War against Iraq

Mark and Andrea Priestley priestley at onetel.net.uk
Mon Mar 17 22:42:50 GMT 2003

<SPAN
class=689414522-17032003>Dear Claire,
wrote to you last week to congratulate you on what appeared to be a principled
stand against an unjustified, illegal and unprincipled act of aggression against
a third world country. Indeed I suggested that, contrary to the satire of
Bremner, Bird and Fortune, you had not lost your conscience.
<SPAN
class=689414522-17032003>
It
appears that I was wrong. Shame on you.
<SPAN
class=689414522-17032003>
<SPAN
class=689414522-17032003>Yours sincerely,
<SPAN
class=689414522-17032003>Mark Priestley
<SPAN
class=689414522-17032003>
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Mark and Andrea Priestley
[mailto:priestley at onetel.net.uk]Sent: 09 March 2003
23:34To: shortc at parliament.ukSubject: War against
Iraq
Dear
Claire
I write to
congratulate you for your public stance today in opposing war. I have
increasingly lost my faith in politicians and the political process over recent
months and your action has gone some way towards restoring it. You may have seen
a sketch on Bremner, Bird and Fortune last week about you losing your
conscience; you have demonstrated today that you have found it again, or better
still never lost it.
<SPAN
class=386172123-09032003>
I will not vote
Labour while Tony Blair remains in charge, despite being a lifelong
supporter. His actions and rhetoric are at odds with all that is good about
the Labour Party, and I cannot bring myself to vote for someone
who:
  Is prepared to kill
  tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians for the sake of supporting the USA in a
  cause which has not been proven to be valid.
  Puts the needs of
  private enterprise and multi-national corporations before the needs of
  people
  Is so cynical in
  ignoring public opinion and the opinion of the Labour Party.
  Has so blatently
  used propaganda in seeking to persuade people of the righteousness of his
  cause.
Nevertheless I wish
you well.
<SPAN