[Media-watch] (no subject)

YvonneMarshall Brotherhoods at stevenston4.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 10:22:59 GMT 2003

Dear Lesley and colleagues,

Would it be possible, at any time, to discuss the
various pressures exerted on producers and presenters of programmes such as your
own ? I am thinking particularly of the Feb 6th memo (leaked from the Beeb) sent
by Richard Sambrook to editorial-board-editors, which I assume was copied to
you. It is surely worth discussion - it is already in the public domain and
raises worrying questions about the impartiality of the BBC at this time, so I
hope you will at least consider raising it at some point.

(I received details of the memo via Media Watch, a
new on-line project which I recently recommended as worthy of some
attention.)

I would be very grateful for any feedback you may
have to offer on this subject.

Yours,

Ian Brotherhood