[Media-watch] FW: Phone ins and polls

david Miller david.miller at stir.ac.uk
Tue Mar 11 09:55:12 GMT 2003

Dear all,

here is a memo leaked from the BBC which shows their view of covering
dissent.  It makes sense of a number of incidents since the beginning of
Feb, in particular the refusal of the BBC at network level to interview the
Stop the War Coalition and its reps.  I have done a short piece on this memo
trying to set it in context, which I will forward later.

In the meantime, you might want to write to Richard Sambrook and ask him to
disclose how this memo has affected coverage, how he would justify the memo,
what other discussions there have been etc.  Or just to complain about it:
richard.sambrook at bbc.co.uk

David