[Media-watch] Where to complain to British media

david Miller david.miller at stir.ac.uk
Mon Feb 24 12:11:29 GMT 2003

from Media workers against the war: http://www.mwaw.org/article.php?sid=837

The anti-war movement in the UK incorporates an enormous cross-section of the population yet it is consistently marginalized in the British press. In November 2001, almost 100,000 people took to the streets of London to protest against our involvement in the US-led bombardment of Afghanistan, yet the action was miscounted, misquoted and ignored.
If we allow falsifications to present themselves as fact in the national press, the "democracy" we so revere becomes a farce; "freedom of speech" becomes governmental dictation and spins out of control. Contact the media you consult, and those you don't, to condemn self-censorship and demand the truth be heard.

Call or email the following

The Broadcasting Standards Commision: To complain online click here
Or write to them at: Broadcasting Standards commission, 7 The Sanctauary, London, SW1P 3JS

The Press Complaints Commision: www.pcc.org.uk

Guardian, home at guardian.co.uk" Telephone: 020 7278 2332
Guardian Unlimited, editor at guardianunlimited.co.uk Telephone: 020 7278 2332
Daily Mail, mailto:editor at dailymail.co.uk, Telephone 020 7938 6000
Independent, mailto:feedback at inuk.co.uk Telephone 020 7005 2000
The Metro, mail at ukmetro.co.uk, 020 7651 5200
The Evening Standard, letters at standard.co.uk, 020 7928 8000
The Mirror, feedback at mirror.co.uk, 020 7510 3000
Daily Express, letters at express.co.uk, Telephone 020 7928 8000
The Sun, letters at the-sun.co.uk
Associated Press, Telephone 020 7353 1515
Daily Telegraph, dtletters at telegraph.co.uk, Telephone 020 7538 5000
The Times, letters at thetimes.co.uk
BBC News (online), newsonline at bbc.co.uk
BBC TV, info at bbc.co.uk, Telephone 08700 100 222