[Media-watch] Letter to Independent

Liz Curtis liz at irish-media.com
Thu Apr 10 10:32:20 BST 2003

I don't expect you will print this, in which case I wonder if you would be
kind enough to pass it on Anne Thorpe and Paul Doherty, and also Robert
Fisk.

Sir: I just wish to echo the horror expressed by Anne Thorpe and Paul
Doherty (Letters, 10 April) at the pictures and descriptions of maimed and
dying people coming from Iraq. Like them, and I am sure like many others, I
wept at the sight of Ali Ismail Abbas and on reading Robert Fisk's account
of the casualties. I too want to confront Tony Blair with these unspeakably
awful results of a war committed against the wishes of millions of people in
Britain. How can we make him listen? All I can think of is to send copies of
the pictures and articles to him and his parliamentary collaborators, and
tell them they are wading in blood.

I also wish to thank Robert Fisk for his articles. It is so important that
someone is telling it how it is, and telling us the human consequences of
war, rather than what Messrs Bush and Blair wish us to hear.

Liz Curtis
Belfast

62Q Carlisle Road
Belfast BT15 2PT