[Media-watch] What Mps are Doin while soldier die

iainc2003 at tesco.net iainc2003 at tesco.net
Tue Apr 1 12:09:44 BST 2003

THIS IS NOT A APRIL FOOL I WISH IT WAS!
This is the what makes the British House of Commons so much superior to our trivia issues obsessed Scottish Parliament

An Early Day Motion supported by 6 MP's reprinted below

963     Hot Cross  Buns                        26:03:3

Andrew Rosindell
Miss Ann Widdecombe
Mr Bill Wiggin
Mrs Marion Roe
Sir Nicholas Winterton
Mr Nicholas Soames

That the House is appalled at the decision by somal local authorities in the United Kingdom to ban Hot Croos Buns from Schools; believes the hot cross buns to be a splendid Easter Tradition that represents the Christian heritage of Britain; and encourages all schools in the United Kingdom to ignore such politically correct advice from local authorities and continue to serve hot cross buns.

27:3:03
  As a amendment to Andrew Rosindell's proposed Motion (Hot Cross Buns):
Angela Watkinson
Mr Desmond Swayne
Mr Mark Hoban
Mr David Ruffley
Mr Peter Luff

    Line 3, after 'Britain , insert 'notes that the Jewish, Muslim and Hindu communities are unlikely to appreciate such tokenism:'.          27:3:03

Personally i think the MP's who considered this nonsense worthy enough to add an amendment to it are Mp's who need to get a life. We all knew hopefully
 that Ann Widdecombe doesn't live in the same reality as the rest of us.  The House of Commons Early day motions website is at http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmedm/30331e01.pdf if you want to see how our mps are wasting their time on our behalf.

Iain Campbell