[Graduate-research-list] Research Ethics Training

Katharine Reibig k.m.reibig at stir.ac.uk
Thu Jan 25 11:38:53 GMT 2007

Dear All,

The SGRS Research Ethics seminar has been rescheduled to February 6th,
2-4pm, Library Seminar Room. The seminar will be presented by Professor
Alison Bowes (Dept of Applied Social Sciences).
As a community of researchers, we are all expected to meet 'the highest
possible standards of intellectual honesty and integrity' (University of
Stirling Code of Good Practice in Research 2.1). The University as an
academic community accountable for the ethical basis of all aspects of
research. As a PhD student, and part of the academic community of the
University, you are expected to meet these standards, and to present
your work for ethical scrutiny.
In this session, we will consider what these high standards are, how we
can meet them, and how to prepare and present applications for ethical
approval. You are encouraged to bring to the session examples of
particular ethical issues you are facing. We will have an open
discussion, under 'Chatham House rules' (i.e. confidential and
non-disclosable), to enable sensitive issues to be aired and to
facilitate mutual support.
To sign up, please respond to this email.
Thanks,
Katharine
Katharine M. Reibig
Graduate Development Officer