[Graduate-research-list] I.T.Training Courses

Wilma Ellis wilma.ellis at stir.ac.uk
Mon Sep 19 14:21:00 BST 2005

	COMPUTER TRAINING COURSES in the Library Training Room S21

	September-October 2005

	We have arranged the next set of training courses and they will
be starting from Monday 26th September onwards. They will take place in
the Library Room S21 on the Stirling Campus.

Please note that as these courses are "Open" to both students and staff
the booking procedure is slightly different from the "Staff Only"
courses.

To reserve a place on the courses below staff should email their request
to Computer Training at ctst1 at stir.ac.uk

	There will also be some "staff only" courses in November
(Dreamweaver, Contribute etc) and these will be advertised nearer the
time.

	Open Courses (staff and students):

Level 1 Courses

Word Processing Assignments Efficiently

Monday 26th September   09.05 - 10.55
Tuesday 4th October     09.05 - 10.55
Friday 7th October      09.05 - 10.55

Creating Presentations using Powerpoint

Wednesday 28th September        09.05 - 10.55
Thursday 6th October    14.05 - 15.55
Tuesday 25th October    14.05 - 15.55

Creating Spreadsheets using Excel

Thursday 29th September 09.05 - 10.55
Wednesday 5th October   14.05 - 15.55
Monday 10th October     14.05 - 15.55

Using the Web for your Academic Study

Tuesday 27th September  09.05 - 10.55
Monday 17th October     09.05 - 10.55

Level 2 Courses

Controlling Graphics & Creating Diagrams in Assignments

Monday 3rd October      09.05 - 10.55
Wednesday 12th October  14.05 - 15.55
Wednesday 26th October  09.05 - 10.55

Tabs, Tables & other Layout Tools

Tuesday 11th October    14.05 - 15.55
Monday 24th October     14.05 - 15.55
Friday 28th October     09.05 - 10.55

Creating Charts and Graphs in Excel

Thursday 6th October    09.05 - 10.55
Friday 14th October     09.05 - 10.55
Monday 24th October     09.05 - 10.55

Level 3 Courses

Creating Online Questionnaires in Word

Thursday 13th October   09.05 - 10.55
Tuesday 25th October    09.05 - 10.55

Word Processing your Dissertation

		        (this session contains many useful features for
working with reports and other more complex documents)

Wed 28th Sep    13:05-15:55     Fri 30th Sep    09:05-11:55
Mon 3rd Oct     13:05-15:55     Wed 5th Oct     09:05-11:55
Mon 10th Oct    09:05-11:55     Wed 12th Oct    09:05-11:55
Tues 18th Oct   09:05-11:55     Thurs 20th Oct  09:05-11:55
Wed 26thOct     13:05-15:55     Thurs 27th Oct  09:05-11:55

	Places are limited to 15, but our experience is that some
attendees do not turn up on the day and so we have a reserve list of 3
places. Those on the reserve list will be allocated a place at the start
time of a course if a booked place has not been taken up. It is
therefore important to arrive before the start of the session to avoid
the risk of losing your place.

	Staff should book a place on an "open course" by emailing
Computer Training (ctst1 at stir.ac.uk) with your request. (Students sign
up individually on sheets in the Library)

	Prior to booking a place on any of the sessions please discuss
your attendance with your head of department or supervisor, as
appropriate.

	Thank you
	Moira Aitken
	Computer Liaison & Training (COLT)