[Face-research-list] phd in psychology, face perception

Ferenc Kocsor kocsorferenc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 14:26:35 BST 2022

Dear All,
I would appreciate it if you`d propagate the following opportunity among
prospective students.

The Institute of Psychology at the University of Pecs, Hungary, has started
a PhD program for international students. During the program, among other
possibilities, students can join research that aims to extend our knowledge
about the cognitive and neural background of face perception. We`re
particularly interested in how semantic knowledge about a person interacts
with affective processes during recognition. The students will have access
to the following equipment in our lab:

- device for accurate reaction time measurements (cedrus)
- eye-tracker (Toobi TX300)
- physiological measurements (BIOPAC modules: EDA, heart rate, respiration
rate, EMG etc)
- EEG (brain products, 64 channel)
- noldus observer

Please note that there is a tuition fee (3500 euros per semester in the
first and second year, and 2500 euros per semester in the third and fourth
year).

The deadline for the application program  31.01.2022 (which might be
potentially extended, but it would be better to contact me before this).

Details about the program:
https://international.pte.hu/study-programs/phd-psychology

Ferenc Kocsor, PhD, habil.
research associate

Institute of Psychology <Pszichol%C3%B3gia Int%C3%A9zet> | Faculty of
Humanites <B%C3%B6lcs%C3%A9szettudom%C3%A1nyi Kar> | University of Pécs
<https://outlook.office.com/mail/inbox/id/AAQkADkzOGM4ZjhhLTkyZmEtNGUyNC1iYjE3LTNjYzBmYjQzMTM4NwAQAPAsNS3Ek0%2B0iv6t7E92pF0%3D>