[Face-research-list] PhD in face perception

Ferenc Kocsor kocsorferenc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 13:46:39 BST 2021

Dear All,
I would appreciate it if you`d propagate the following opportunity.

The Institute of Psychology at the University of Pecs, Hungary, is planning
to start a PhD program for international students. During the program,
among other possibilities, students can join a research that aims at
extending our knowledge about the cognitive background of face perception.
We`re particularly interested in how semantic knowledge about a person
interacts with affective processes. The student will have access to the
following equipment in our lab:

- device for accurate reaction time measurement (cedrus)
- eye-tracker (Toobi XT300)
- physiological measurements (BIOPAC modules: EDA, hearth rate, respiration
rate, EMG etc)
- EEG

Please note that there is a tuition fee (3500 euros per semester in the
first and second year, and 2500 euros per semester in the third and fourth
year). However, from the second year on, students from selected countries
may apply for a scholarship by the Stipendium Hungaricum which covers both
tuition fee and costs of living. The list of eligible countries can be
found here:
https://stipendiumhungaricum.hu/partners/

We are still waiting for the official approval of the PhD program from the
university administration, hence application will be possible only from
July. Until then, informal enquiries can be sent to kocsor.ferenc at pte.hu.
Students with a background in psychology, biology, or other related fields,
are welcome to apply.

best regards

*Ferenc Kocsor, PhD*

Institute of Psychology