[Face-research-list] 8th Face Science Symposium 2020

Alicia Nortje alicia.nortje at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 17:36:31 BST 2020

Dear all,

*This is a friendly reminder about the 8th Face Science Symposium that will
take place on Tuesday, 17 November 2020 at 08h30, to start at 09h00 and to
end at 13h00.*

The Face Science Symposium is a joint research and support initiative
between the Eyewitness Research Group (UCT, Department of Psychology), the
South African Police Service, and Facial Identification Researchers and
Practitioners. The initiative was formed in 2014, and we have held a
conference every year since.

*The format is different this year because the symposium will be hosted
online.*

We aim to have between 5 and 7 speakers, depending on the number of keynote
speakers. All presentations will be 20 minutes long, with 5-10 minutes for
questions/discussion.

*There is no cost involved; therefore, it is free to attend or to present.*

*To register for the conference, as a delegate or a speaker, please go
here:https://forms.gle/XFKMpw8ZUK91MjV79
<https://forms.gle/XFKMpw8ZUK91MjV79>*

*Registration as a delegate closes on 12 November.The deadline for abstract
submissions is 30 October.*

We want to ensure *a range of topics*, therefore submission of an abstract
is not a guarantee that you will be presenting. Therefore, we will confirm
with you (between 30 October and 5 November) if your abstract submission
was successful. Registration as a delegate is immediately successful.

for multiple perpetrator crimes, interviewing witnesses, reconstruction of
faces from skulls), drawing techniques for faces, different tools for
constructing composites, and person recognition from CCTV footage.

*Please share this e-mail far and wide.* We are not limited by physical
borders this year, so we can accommodate international delegates and
attendees. Our original intention for this collaboration was to foster
discussion and research between researchers and practitioners who are
interested in questions and issues about faces.  Therefore, as always, we
would like a mix of presentations, ranging from academic topics (from
different departments), in-field experience/case studies/cases, and
practical presentations.

Please do not RSVP to me personally; instead, RSVP through the link above.
If you have questions or issues, then you are welcome to e-mail me.

Thanks in advance, and looking forward to spending the day with you at the
virtual symposium.

Kind regards,
Alicia Nortje

--
*Alicia Nortje, PhD*

*Postdoctoral Research Fellow,PhD (Applied Psychology; Psychology and
Law)**Eyewitness
Laboratory, *
*Applied Cognitive Science and Experimental Neuropsychology Team (ACSENT)
laboratory, *
*Department of Psychology, *

*University of Cape TownSkype: lichza*