[Face-research-list] ICLD-EpiRob 2020 Journal Track - Call for Articles
fcruz.cl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 03:34:19 GMT 2020
ICLD-EpiRob 2020 Journal Track - Call for Journal Articles for Oral or
The program committee of the 10th IEEE International Conference on
Development and Learning (ICDL) invites published journal articles to be
presented in the Journal Track of ICDL.
7th-10th September 2020, Valparaiso, Chile
==== Important Dates ====
Submission deadline: 25th May 2020
Author notification: 8th of June 2020
Conference: 7th-10th September 2020
==== Overview ====
The Journal Track is designed to provide a forum to discuss important
results related to cognitive and developmental systems recently published
as journal articles, but have not been previously presented as conference
papers. Thus, the journal track offers an opportunity to present
outstanding results that might otherwise not be submitted to a conference
due to their length and complexity.
All accepted journal presentations will be selected for either oral or
poster presentation during the conference based on the reviews - at least
one author is expected to register to ICDL 2020 and to present the paper in
==== Submissions ====
Candidate papers must be original research articles published in a journal
relevant to the research area during 2019 or 2020. Papers that are in press
may be submitted as long as the final camera-ready version is available
online. Extensions of papers that have been previously presented as
conference papers may NOT be submitted to this track.
All submissions must be made by email to Francisco Cruz, including (in a
- Title of the original journal paper.
- Abstract of the paper.
- A complete reference to the original paper in APA format.
- URL where the paper can be downloaded from the publisher if available, or
proof of the final acceptance.
- A copy of the paper with its final camera-ready contents.
Submissions will go through an expedited selection process led by the
conference chairs. Selection criteria include the significance of the
results and relevance to the ICDL community.
==== Scope and Topics ====
The primary list of topics of interest includes, but not limited to:
- principles and theories of development and learning;
- development of skills in biological systems and robots;
- nature vs nurture, developmental stages;
- models on the contributions of interaction to learning;
- verbal, non-verbal and multi-modal interaction;
- models on active learning;
- architectures for lifelong learning;
- emergence of body and affordance perception;
- analysis and modeling of human motion and state;
- models for prediction, planning and problem solving;
- models of human-human and human-robot interaction;
- emergence of verbal and non-verbal communication;
- epistemological foundations and philosophical issues;
- robot prototyping of human and animal skills;
- ethics and trust in computational intelligence and robotics;
- social learning in humans, animals, and robots.
==== Organizing committee ====
General Chairs: Giulio Sandini, and Javier Ruiz-del-Solar
Program and Finance Chairs: Nicolás Navarro-Guerrero, and María-José Escobar
Bridge Chairs: Minoru Asada, Frédéric Alexandre, and Linda Smith
Publicity Chairs: Carmelo Bastos, Maya Cakmak, Angelo Cangelosi, Yukie
Nagai, and Emre Ugur
Publication Chairs: Pablo Barros, and Haian Wu
Tutorials and Workshops Chair: Miguel Solis
Travel and Registration Awards Chair: Francisco Cruz
Local chairs: Mauricio Araya
Webpage Chairs: Cristóbal Nettle, and Patricio Castillo
Graphics: Camila Angel Alfaro
Best regards from the organizing committee,
Research Fellow in Reinforcement Learning
School of Information Technology
Locked Bag 20000, Geelong, VIC 3220
francisco.cruz at deakin.edu.au
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Face-research-list