[Face-research-list] PhD / postdoc positions in cognitive computational neuroscience lab, Giessen University

Katharina Dobs katharina.dobs at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 15:15:36 BST 2020

PhD and Postdoc position in Cognitive Computational Neuroscience Lab at Justus-Liebig University in Giessen, Germany

The newly established research group for Cognitive Computational Neuroscience of Katharina Dobs at Justus-Liebig University Giessen (JLU), Germany, is recruiting a PhD student and a Postdoc starting from October 1st, 2020 or later.

Our lab is based at the Psychology Department at JLU and works in the field of cognitive computational neuroscience at the intersection of human cognitive science, human neuroscience and computational modeling. We are particularly interested in visual neuroscience and potential projects include human behavioral (e.g., psychophysics, large-scale crowdsourcing) and neuroimaging (e.g., fMRI, EEG) experiments and computational modeling (e.g., CNNs). For more information on the lab’s research, please visit katharinadobs.com <http://katharinadobs.com/> or see also here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iycpoi-GX2Y&t <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iycpoi-GX2Y&t>.

Our lab and the psychology department at JLU (http://www.allpsych.uni-giessen.de <http://www.allpsych.uni-giessen.de/>) have excellent links to scientists within Europe and worldwide and offer a stimulating, multi-national and interdisciplinary research environment. The student / postdoc will be integrated in a thriving research community under the umbrella of the Center for Mind, Brain and Behavior with strong regional, national and international connections, including numerous collaborative research endeavors (e.g., SFB on Cardinal Mechanisms of Perception, IRTG 1901 The Brain in Action). Giessen is a university town, located in the center of Germany around 60km north of Frankfurt.

We encourage applicants to apply who
- are highly motivated to do research on human visual neuroscience and computational modeling
- are familiar with at least one of the methods we use (see above)
- have experience in programming (e.g., Python, Matlab) and strong quantitative skills
- have completed or are close to completing a master’s degree in psychology, computer science, neuroscience or a related field
- enjoy working independently as well as in a team

The PhD position is funded for at least 3 years, with a salary corresponding to 65% of payment group E13 according to the collective agreement of the State of Hesse (TV-H). The postdoc position depends on a successful fellowship application (e.g., DFG, Humboldt Foundation) and international students are particularly encouraged to apply.

To apply, please email your CV, a brief statement of research interests, and the names of up to three references to Katharina Dobs (katharina.dobs at gmail.com <mailto:katharina.dobs at gmail.com>).

--
Katharina Dobs
www.katharinadobs.com <http://www.katharinadobs.com/>