[Face-research-list] Database of faces across lifespan (Marlene Behrmann)

Jodie Davies-Thompson davies.jodie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 12:29:18 GMT 2018

Dear Marlene,

I don’t know of any databases per se, but I recently wondered the same thing and started pulling various links together. Below are a few instances I’m aware of when individuals or groups have taken photos every year (not ideal, but depending on what you’re after, could suffice).

There is also a BBC documentary by Robert Winston (‘Child of Our Time') which follows 25 children born in 2000 - you could probably get some good images from there.

If you ever pull together a database though, that would be a brilliant resource!

- http://diply.com/same-family-photo-taken-22-years?publisher=trendyjoe
- https://petapixel.com/2015/08/03/father-and-son-take-the-same-picture-every-year-for-nearly-3-decades/
- http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/true-stories/five-friends-recreate-same-photo-every-five-years-for-30-years/news-story/f05e452ceb36e431a77e4cfa57ec9f44
- https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/03/magazine/01-brown-sisters-forty-years.html

Sorry to not be able to supply anything better!

All the best,
Jodie