[Face-research-list] biometrics in the wild

Peter Hancock p.j.b.hancock at stir.ac.uk
Thu Feb 23 16:31:07 GMT 2017

I asked about the relevance of the Image and Vision Computing (IVC) Special Issue on Biometrics in the Wild to Psychologists.  This was Vito's response:

It may be important to provide some context first. The special issue builds on a workshop that we are organizing as part of the 2017 edition of the IEEE Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition (http://luks.fe.uni-lj.si/bwild17/), but is open to everyone interested in contributing. While we issued a call for biometrics in general, we expect most submitted papers to be face and (maybe gesture) related - due to our connection to AFGR.

I feel that papers on the psychology of face recognition would fit nicely into the scope of the planned special issue. Work on perceptual and cognitive aspects of face recognition and connections to recent machine learning models would certainly be interesting as well. I see a lot of work in this area that would make sense for the special issue.

Peter Hancock
Professor,
Deputy Head of Psychology,
Faculty of Natural Sciences
University of Stirling
FK9 4LA, UK
phone 01786 467675
fax 01786 467641
http://stir.ac.uk/190
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-6025-7068
http://www.researcherid.com/rid/A-4633-2009
Psychology at Stirling: 100% 4* Impact, REF2014

Come and study Face Perception at the University of Stirling! Our unique MSc in the Psychology of Faces is open for applications. For more information see http://www.stir.ac.uk/postgraduate/programme-information/prospectus/psychology/psychological-research-methods-face-research/