[Face-research-list] [Job] Two Postdoctoral Positions at University of Tsukuba

Kenji Suzuki kenji at ieee.org
Sat Aug 22 06:36:11 BST 2015

* We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this announcement.
Two Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Center for Cybernics Research, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Applications are invited for two Postdoctoral Research Fellow positions
at the Artificial Intelligence Laboratory at the University of Tsukuba,
within the JST CREST-funded project "Social Imaging.”
http://www.social-imaging.org/crest/english/

Closing Date:  30 September 2015
Online Application:
https://jrecin.jst.go.jp/seek/SeekJorDetail?fn=3&ln=1&id=D115080795&ln_jor=1

Exploring new technologies for supporting the development of
children with special needs, in particular, autism spectrum disorders.
We aim to establish social imaging technology for measuring and
modeling social interaction among people. In this study, by applying
wearable and mixed reality technologies, we will create an environment
where we can support and facilitate creative activities and social
interaction among children with autism spectrum disorders and other
developmental disorders. We also conduct a feasibility study of
children's development support, in collaboration with a non-profit
organization and schools for children with special needs.
This is an exciting opportunity for conducting an interdisciplinary research
between engineering, developmental psychology and medicine.
The successful candidate will be required to work in one of the following
disciplines. However, the candidate must also be adept at working within
a team and the wider community.

(1) Social Imaging Technology: Develop a software platform by collecting
and analyzing group dynamics from video, sensor and behavioral data
(2) Development of Wearable Devices: Sensing social and communicative
behaviors among people such as touching, reaching, and facial expression
by using wearable devices
(3) Mixed Reality Technology: Computer vision, augmented reality, mixed
reality and human-computer interaction

The applicant should have demonstrated your research competence
based on engineering approach in one (or more) of the following areas:
social interaction, wearable device, biosignal processing, mixed reality,
and human sensing. Preferred experiences include but not limited to
developmental study or education for children with special needs and/or
autism spectrum disorders. In particular, applicants with the experience
on the facial expression recognition and analysis are encouraged to apply.

Number of positions: 2 (Full Time)
Starting date: October, 2015 (negotiable, later starts are also possible)
Employment status: The post is a three year fixed-term contract, can
be extended to a maximum of one more year based on the evaluation.
Qualifications:
- To apply you must hold a PhD degree in the areas of Engineering,
Computer Science, or a related discipline, or equivalent qualifications.
- High self-motivation and critical thinking skills.

Closing date: September 30th, 2015
* Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.

Informal enquiries about the post can be made to Dr Kenji Suzuki (email:
kenji at ieee.org). For further information or to apply online please visit
our website at
http://www.ai.iit.tsukuba.ac.jp/crest/recruit2015.html
Applicants are requested to apply online via JREC-IN or by email, and
submit the required documents. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.

Contact:
Kenji Suzuki, Ph.D
Associate Professor, Center for Cybernics Research,
University of Tsukuba
email: kenji at ieee.org

---
Kenji Suzuki       kenji at ieee.org