[Face-research-list] info morphed faces of children

Montagna, Anita anita.montagna at kcl.ac.uk
Thu Jan 30 15:00:08 GMT 2014

info morphed faces of children
CONTINUA CON MODIFICAIGNORA
[Bozza] Non ho inviato il messaggio.
Salvato in data: gio 30/01/2014 15.59
Dear face research list,

My name is Anita Montagna and I am a PhD student working at the Centre for the Developing Brain (King's College London) about late consequences of preterm birth.
I will study a sample of 4 and 8 years old children assessing executive function and emotional processing.
I would like to ask them to complete a task of emotion recognition of face expressions.

My group is using the Emotion Recognition task developed by Montagne ( Montagne, B., Kessels, R. P., De Haan, E. H., & Perrett, D. I. (2007). THE EMOTION RECOGNITION TASK: A PARADIGM TO MEASURE THE PERCEPTION OF FACIAL EMOTIONAL EXPRESSIONS AT DIFFERENT INTENSITIES 1. Perceptual and motor skills, 104(2), 589-598.).

I am looking for something similar but suitable for preschoolers, with children faces and possibly with different intensities of the emotions.

The task used in this paper - Georgia Chronakia*, Matthew Garnerc, Julie A. Hadwina, Margaret J. J. Thompsona, Cheryl Y. Chind & Edmund J. S. Sonuga-Barkeab*
Emotion-recognition abilities and behavior problem dimensions in preschoolers: Evidence for a specific role for childhood hyperactivity.
Child Neuropsychology -  is similar to the DANVA task but uses adult female faces.

Do you know about any test using children morphed faces? Or about a database of stimuli using children morphed faces?
I am looking for happy, fear, angry (and sad) faces.

I thank you in advance,

Best regards,
Anita