[Face-research-list] PhD opportunity in Person Perception, The University of Western Australia

Libby Taylor libby.taylor at uwa.edu.au
Mon Dec 8 05:36:12 GMT 2014

We are looking for talented and enthusiastic international students to join our research team in the Person Perception Program at the Centre of Excellence in Cognition and its Disorders (http://www.ccd.edu.au<http://www.ccd.edu.au/>).

The Research:
- We aim to understand the mechanisms (perceptual, cognitive, neural and evolutionary) of person perception and how they relate to other cognitive abilities and social functioning.
- As well as investigating person perception in typical adults, we also study how these skills emerge during typical development and whether these skills are impaired in children and adults with disorders of person perception (e.g., autism, developmental prosopagnosia).
- Methods include behavioural, eye-tracking, SCR, EEG and potentially tDCS.

The People:
- Prof. Gillian Rhodes<http://www.ccd.edu.au/people/profile.php?memberID=623>
- A/Prof. Romina Palermo<http://www.ccd.edu.au/people/profile.php?memberID=64>
- Dr Linda Jeffery<http://www.ccd.edu.au/people/profile.php?memberID=644>

The Place:
- Join us in the Facelab<http://www.psychology.uwa.edu.au/research/facelab> and the PEPLab<http://www.psychology.uwa.edu.au/research/PEPLab>, located at the School of Psychology<http://www.psychology.uwa.edu.au/> at The University of Western Australia<http://www.uwa.edu.au/>, Perth, AUSTRALIA

Scholarships:
- Scholarships covering living allowance and tuition fees are available for international students
- Applications open 6 January 2015, close 6 March 2015, commencement 1 July 2015<http://www.scholarships.uwa.edu.au/future-students/postgrad/international>

More Information:
Please visit our webpage, http://www.psychology.uwa.edu.au/research/facelab/phd-opportunities, to see our flyer for more details, and contact libby.taylor at uwa.edu.au<mailto:libby.taylor at uwa.edu.au> if you are interested in applying.

Kind regards,

Libby Taylor | Research Officer & Lab Manager
ARC Centre of Excellence in Cognition and its Disorders
School of Psychology, FaceLab
(M304) The University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway, CRAWLEY WA 6009
T: +61 8 6488 3573
E:
 libby.taylor at uwa.edu.au<mailto:libby.taylor at uwa.edu.au>