[Face-research-list] postdoc position in face perception at Newcastle/Louvain A1954R (ION)

Quoc Vuong quoc.vuong at newcastle.ac.uk
Tue Aug 12 10:53:22 BST 2014

Dear lists:

A postdoctoral position (A1954R (ION)) is available to work with Dr Quoc Vuong (Newcastle University, UK) and Dr Bruno Rossion (University of Louvain, Belgium) on an ESRC funded project entitled: A neuropsychological approach to dissect face perception and perceptual expertise. The proposed research combines neuropsychological cases, behavioural training, and neuroimaging to understand the mechanisms of face perception and perceptual expertise.

The post will be for one year in my lab in Newcastle. There will be a second year in Dr Rossion's lab in Belgium (funded by him, to be negotiated). There will be additional funded trips between both labs for data collection and project meetings.

We also encourage highly motivated applicants who do not currently have a PhD and wish to gain research experience to apply as there is the possibility to hire at the research assistant level.

Deadline for application: September 7, 2014

Start date: As soon as possible

For further details and the online application, please visit the (really long) link:
https://www15.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_newcastle02.asp?s=4A515F4E5A565B1A&jobid=54510,2312573576&key=82750368&c=237254710298&pagestamp=sectarehkzvlkmemra

(or search for the post A1954R (ION) at: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/vacancies/)

For informal enquiries, please feel free to contact me by email (quoc.vuong at newcastle.ac.uk).

Bruno and I will be at ECVP2014 and would be happy to meet informally at this conference.

Thanks,
Quoc.

Institute of Neuroscience
School of Psychology
Henry Wellcome Building for Neuroecology
Newcastle University
Framlington Place
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE2 4HH