[Face-research-list] Madeleine McCann facial composite appeal

Peter Hancock p.j.b.hancock at stir.ac.uk
Mon Oct 14 23:24:36 BST 2013

Dear Colleagues, please forgive a post which is not directly about research.  The police in Britain have issued two facial composites of a man in the Madeleine McCann abduction case. However, they have not taken advantage of our research indicating a) that an average image of two composites of the same target may help and b) an animated caricature can also help identification.  I've created average and animated caricature composites; please share this link in any way you can; the police need names.  I confess I don't know how to contact them from outside the UK but hopefully people with information will find a way.  Here's the link, with refs to the original research: http://psych-survey.stir.ac.uk/McCannComposites.html

Thanks, Peter

Peter Hancock
Professor
Psychology, School of Natural Sciences
University of Stirling
FK9 4LA, UK
phone 01786 467675
fax 01786 467641
http://www.psychology.stir.ac.uk/staff/phancock

--
The University of Stirling has been ranked in the top 12 of UK universities for graduate employment*.
94% of our 2012 graduates were in work and/or further study within six months of graduation.