[Face-research-list] Eye Tracking Survey

Jessica Komes jessica.komes at uni-jena.de
Tue Nov 19 10:43:17 GMT 2013

Dear fellow face researchers, psychologists, neuroscientists,

I forward this message on behalf of Nathaniel J.S. Ashby and Jacob L.
Orquin (apologies for cross-posting). Please feel free to further foward
this e-mail to your colleagues.

Regards from Jena,

Jessica Komes

We are conducting a study on the current practice of data aggregation in eye tracking research with specific interest in the definition and use of areas of interest (AOI).

A great deal of eye tracking research relies on AOI-based data aggregation, however, the method is under-researched and it is largely unknown how different ways of aggregating eye tracking data might influence your results; for instance, by inflating the false positive (negative) rate.

In order to establish a best practice for the use of AOI’s we would highly appreciate your help in answering this short survey (please feel free to forward/post where relevant):

https://essex.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0SQMUgwxkEQiWoZ

The survey consists of 15 short questions and should take no longer than 5-10 minutes to complete.

The survey is only relevant if you have used AOI’s to handle eye tracking data.

If you have any questions or comments about the study or the results you are welcome to contact Nathaniel J.S. Ashby (nashby at essex.ac.uk) or Jacob L. Orquin (jalo at asb.dk).

--
M.Sc. Psych. Jessica Komes
Department of General Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience

Phone: +49 (0)3641 945940
E-Mail: jessica.komes at uni-jena.de
http://www.personperception.uni-jena.de/index.php/teamextern/91