[Face-research-list] PhD Opportunities in Perception Perception

Libby Taylor libby.taylor at uwa.edu.au
Mon Aug 26 10:05:56 BST 2013

Person Perception, ARC Centre of Excellence in Cognition and its Disorders<http://www.ccd.edu.au/>: PhD Opportunities

We are looking for talented and enthusiastic students to join our research team in the Person Perception Program at the ARC Centre of Excellence in Cognition and its Disorders.

The Research:
- We aim to understand the mechanisms (perceptual, cognitive, neural and evolutionary) of person perception and how they relate to other cognitive abilities and social functioning.
- A major focus is on how person perception skills emerge during typical development and in children with the neuro-developmental disorders of autism and developmental prosopagnosia.

The People:
- Prof. Gill Rhodes (http://www.ccd.edu.au/people/profile.html?memberID=623)
- A/Prof. Romina Palermo (http://www.ccd.edu.au/people/profile.html?memberID=64)
- Dr Linda Jeffery (http://www.ccd.edu.au/people/profile.html?memberID=644)

The Place:
- Join us in the Facelab<http://www.psychology.uwa.edu.au/research/facelab> and the PEPLab<http://www.psychology.uwa.edu.au/research/PEPLab> located at the School of Psychology<http://www.psychology.uwa.edu.au/> at The University of Western Australia<http://www.uwa.edu.au/>, Perth, AUSTRALIA

Scholarships:
Scholarships covering living allowance and tuition fees are available for International & Australian students. The CCD also offers “Top-up scholarships” (up to $10,000 pa) to to supplement the University scholarships.
- International students<http://www.scholarships.uwa.edu.au/future-students/postgrad/international> - Round 1 closes 30 August, 2013, Round 2 closes Jan, 2014
- Australian Students<http://www.scholarships.uwa.edu.au/future-students/postgrad/domestic> - Applications open 1 August, 2013, close 31 October 2013

Contact:
Libby Taylor for more information (libby.taylor at uwa.edu.au<mailto:libby.taylor at uwa.edu.au>)

Libby Taylor |  Lab Manager
ARC Centre of Excellence in Cognition and its Disorders
School of Psychology, FaceLab
(M304) The University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway, CRAWLEY WA 6009
Tel: +61 8 6488 3573 | Fax: +61 8 6488 1006
Email: libby.taylor at uwa.edu.au<mailto:libby.taylor at uwa.edu.au>