[Face-research-list] query on HSF/LSF face processing and hemispheric asymmetries

Gary Cottrell gary at eng.ucsd.edu
Mon Jul 30 07:58:08 BST 2012

Hi folks -

I am looking for references hemispheric asymmetries in the spatial frequency processing  of faces. I.e., what would be ideal would be experiments with brief presentations to a different hemi-fields of  low or high-pass faces. I know about Sergent's 1985 paper and Young & Bion 1981. Things seem scarce after that.

thanks!
gary cottrell

Gary Cottrell 858-534-6640 FAX: 858-534-7029
Computer Science and Engineering 0404
IF USING FED EX INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING LINE:
CSE Building, Room 4130
University of California San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive # 0404
La Jolla, Ca. 92093-0404

"Probably once or twice a week we are sitting at dinner and Richard says, 'The cortex is hopeless,' and I say, 'That's why I work on the worm.'" Dr. Bargmann said.

"A grapefruit is a lemon that saw an opportunity and took advantage of it." - note written on a door in Amsterdam on Lijnbaansgracht.

"Physical reality is great, but it has a lousy search function." -Matt Tong

"Only connect!" -E.M. Forster

"You always have to believe that tomorrow you might write the matlab program that solves everything - otherwise you never will." -Geoff Hinton

"I am awaiting the day when people remember the fact that discovery does not work by deciding what you want and then discovering it."
-David Mermin

Email: gary at ucsd.edu
Home page: http://www-cse.ucsd.edu/~gary/