[Face-research-list] Facial Comedy

Cooper, Robbie R.Cooper at napier.ac.uk
Tue Jan 10 13:28:46 GMT 2012

Hello all,

Have any face researchers here tried their hand at stand-up comedy? In the U.K. we have a thing called Bright Club which started at University College London and which encourages researchers to try and be funny (in an actual comedy club) and include a little bit of science in their set (http://www.brightclub.org/).  It is a very scary thing to do but an excellent way to get people interested in ideas.

Some of you might like to see my attempt at this (10 minutes long) for three reasons:

1) It is tenuously related to face perception research (not mine).

2) I have set it up so that if you like what you hear and feel inclined you can donate money to a local cancer caring charity here in Edinburgh.

3) You might like to organise similar events in your own city.

Here is a link to the video<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9cT2qGAjgY&context=C349fb67ADOEgsToPDskLiqYwsc5CFRjJ-Nahq0NDw> and here is a link to the audio<http://scrotalultrasound.bandcamp.com/> download (and also an image of the ultrasound I refer to in the set in case you haven't seen it).

Apologies if it is not your taste in humour.

Robbie

Dr Robbie Cooper
Lecturer in Psychology
School of Life, Sport and Social Sciences
Edinburgh Napier University
Sighthill Campus
Sighthill Loan
Edinburgh, UK.
EH11 4BN
ph: +44 (0)131 455 6481
r.cooper at napier.ac.uk<mailto:r.cooper at napier.ac.uk>

Staff Webpage<http://www.napier.ac.uk/fhlss/SLSSS/Staff/Pages/Robbie_Cooper.aspx>

Edinburgh Napier University is one of Scotland's top universities for graduate employability.  93.2% of graduates are in work or further study within six months of leaving. The university is also proud winner of the Queen's Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education 2009, awarded for innovative housing construction for environmental benefit and quality of life.

This message is intended for the addressee(s) only
and should not be read, copied or disclosed to anyone else outwith the University without the permission of the sender. It is your responsibility to ensure that this message and any attachments are scanned for viruses or other defects.
Edinburgh Napier University does not accept liability for any loss or
damage which may result from this email or any attachment, or for errors or omissions arising after it was sent. Email is not a secure medium. Email entering the University's system is subject to routine monitoring and filtering by the University.

Edinburgh Napier University is a registered Scottish
charity.
Registration number SC018373