[Face-research-list] PICS database update

Peter Hancock p.j.b.hancock at stir.ac.uk
Fri Jul 1 12:00:00 BST 2011

Dear all, I've been doing a bit of work on the PICS database, http://pics.stir.ac.uk. I've added some more face sets and hope to have some 3d images available by the end of the summer.  I'll also add to the 'other databases' list, especially if you tell me about yours!

Now, I'm sure many of you have collections of faces that would be of great benefit to the community but are hidden away.  So, if you have images that you could make available but haven't got round to, now is the time to zip them up and I'll put them on the server here, with due acknowledgement.  I haven't yet sorted downloading with permission only, but hope to do so.  Therefore, if you have images that you are prepared to make available only to vetted researchers, let me know and we'll see what can be done.

Peter

Peter Hancock
Professor
Psychology, School of Natural Sciences
University of Stirling
FK9 4LA, UK
phone 01786 467675
fax 01786 467641
http://www.psychology.stir.ac.uk/staff/staff-profiles/academic-staff/peter-hancock

--
The Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2009/2010
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland,