[BERG] Participants required for eye-tracking study

Rachel Cassar rachel.cassar at stir.ac.uk
Tue Feb 15 16:21:45 GMT 2022

Dear BERGers

Sharon and I are still looking for participants for the below study. If folk on here are interested in participating, please get in touch!

Kind regards
Rachel

---
Care-giving is puzzling. Providing care to others when they are sick and contagious is dangerous; the carer risks contracting the disease. Under these circumstances, care-giving should not evolve. This project examines how the psychological changes that occurred in the human lineage after we diverged from other apes may have facilitated care-giving in our species.

Have you ever wondered why we take care of others when they are sick? Want to help figure out why? We are recruiting groups of 2 - 10 friends to participate in this project investigating how people respond to images of friends and strangers when they look healthy and unhealthy. You would first have your pictures taken (Part 1) and then participate in eye-tracking and pupillometry experiments with video recording (Part 2).

Participants will be reimbursed with 2 tokens and a £20 Amazon voucher.

Sign up for Part 1 here: https://stirling.sona-systems.com/exp_info.aspx?experiment_id=2156 or search for "HumansCare: The Evolution of Care-Giving for Sick People (Part 1)" on Psychweb. If you can't access the study on Psychweb please contact rachel.cassar at stir.ac.uk.

After completing Part 1, participants will be invited to sign up for Part 2.

For any queries, please send an email to rachel.cassar at stir.ac.uk.

The University achieved an overall 5 stars in the QS World University Rankings 2020
UK Sports University of the Year 2020 (Times Higher Good University Guide)
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC 011159.