[BERG] Seeking Dog Behaviour Experts

Hannah Buchanan-Smith h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk
Wed Apr 27 09:16:34 BST 2022

[cid:5a60abec-5a32-4cae-aef9-b237dced133e]

Dear BERGers
I am emailing to ask if you would participate in our survey / share our survey with your relevant networks. We are exploring the topic of psychological trauma in dogs and the potential effect that psychological trauma may have on dog behaviour and welfare. This research will allow us to document the potential impacts that psychological trauma may have on dogs, which may additionally impact their owners and the community.
This survey is open to dog behaviour/psychology experts. Participants must currently work in the field of dog behaviour or dog psychology and have a qualification of at least a Bachelor’s degree in the field of animal behaviour or animal psychology. The survey is available in three languages, English, Italian or Japanese, and is expected to take around 25 minutes to complete.
This is a collaboration between researchers at The University of Queensland (AUS), the University of Stirling (UK), the University of Lincoln (UK), and RSPCA Australia (AUS). This study has ethical approval from the University of Queensland Human Research Ethics Committee (#2022_HE000131).
We would also very much appreciate if you could share our survey with your professional network so that we can capture a wide range of views from experts in this field. Your time and support are appreciated.
The survey is available at this link: https://tinyurl.com/ProjectElevateSurvey  and by using the QR code in the survey poster.
Best wishes and thanks,
Hannah, on behalf of the research team

University of Queensland: Prof Alan Tilbrook, Dr Tamsin Barnes, Dr Ella Kuskoff, Dr Kris Descovich
University of Stirling: Prof Hannah Buchanan-Smith
University of Lincoln: Prof Daniel Mills
RSPCA Australia: Dr Sarah Zito

If useful, our social media survey posts can be shared from here:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/KrisDescovich/status/1517788586061426688
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kris.descovich/posts/10163730448958125
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6923558416305057792/

Hannah M. Buchanan-Smith
Professor, Behaviour and Evolution Research Group (BERG)

Psychology, Faculty of Natural Sciences
University of Stirling
Stirling, FK9 4LA
Scotland

E-mail: h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk<mailto:h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk>
Home page: <https://rms.stir.ac.uk/converis-stirling/person/11925> https://www.stir.ac.uk/people/257464
http://marmosetcare.com/
Animal Welfare 24/7 across the lifespan<https://animalconcepts.mykajabi.com/247approachtopromotingoptimalwelfareforcaptivewildanimals>
https://nc3rs.org.uk/housing-and-husbandry-dogs
The University achieved an overall 5 stars in the QS World University Rankings 2020
UK Sports University of the Year 2020 (Times Higher Good University Guide)
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC 011159.