[BERG] The Waning of Women's Month, & some Parting Words

Sarah Kraemer s.b.kraemer at stir.ac.uk
Tue Mar 30 14:30:25 BST 2021

Dear BERGers,

Thanks so much to those of you who participated in our Women's Month Word Web! The web is attached in this e-mail, and can also be seen on Twitter! (Follow the BERG account if you're not doing so already!)
https://twitter.com/BERG_Stirling

The point of an exercise like this is to keep 'Inclusion' at the forefront of our minds as we move about in the world of academia, as we shift towards embodying a more diverse habitus. Being an ally for gender equality means being actively ANTI-sexist-- especially where your actions may transect with other societal issues such as classism, racism, and prejudice towards lgbtq+ communities. "Creating safe spaces" was one of my favourite phrases in the web, and it rings true.

As these final tides of March ebb away and we wave them goodbye, remember all that we have said here! Water left stagnant for too long turns deadly. BE the wave, BE the turning tide, help that leaky pipeline FLOW!
🌊🌊💪💪

Surf's up, BERGers,

-Sarah and Pawel

E-mail for Pawel [Lecturer in Psychology at Stirling; meetings coordinator of BERG]: pawel.fedurek at stir.ac.uk
E-mail for Sarah [PhD Student at Stirling; occasional coordinator of BERG]: s.b.kraemer at stir.ac.uk

The link to add people to the mailing list or unsubscribe to these e-mails is here: http://lists.stir.ac.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/berg<https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flists.stir.ac.uk%2Fcgi-bin%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fberg&data=04%7C01%7Cs.b.kraemer%40stir.ac.uk%7Ced5b2cc7b7ad4dde8a0308d89d1cb0fb%7C4e8d09f7cc794ccb9149a4238dd17422%7C0%7C0%7C637432093835945178%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=KesiitpwtPtyAC%2B5gn%2B1CO0nDuReInt1JRUyk%2F2jC80%3D&reserved=0>

The University achieved an overall 5 stars in the QS World University Rankings 2020
UK Sports University of the Year 2020 (Times Higher Good University Guide)
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC 011159.