[BERG] Pet Bereavement study - participants required!

Annabel Young ajy00002 at students.stir.ac.uk
Wed Jun 16 07:49:13 BST 2021

________________________________
Dear BERG-ers,
(Apologies if you get this more than once because I know you on additional email lists or social media)
This is your invitation to participate in or help recruit participants for my dissertation research project.
I'm looking for adult UK residents who've experienced the death of their companion animal in the last couple of years.  If you fulfil that criteria yourself, please click on the link below and complete the questionnaire. If you know one or more people who could participate, please forward this email with the text below.
If you just want to look through the survey, that's fine, just email me your participant id (shown on every page) and I can delete your data.
Many thanks in advance !
kind regards
Annabel

I am studying for an MA in Human-Animal Interaction with the Psychology department of Stirling University and I would like to invite you to participate in my dissertation research project on Companion Animal Bereavement.
I am particularly looking for an even spread of male and female participants and across all small companion animals: rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, reptiles as well as cats and dogs. For this research I will not include larger animals such as horses and pigs, or fish.
I have designed the questionnaire to be as concise as possible, concentrating on the level of attachment people feel for their pets, the grief they experience after the death and the support they receive from their friends, family and others around that time. As well as the usual multiple- choice questions with scaled answers for quantitative analysis, I have included two long-answer questions to which I will apply a qualitative analysis. It should take less than 20 minutes to complete.
The survey has been approved by the General University Ethics Panel and the Animal Welfare Ethical Review Body and is to be completed by UK adults over the age of 18(Or Stirling students 16+) who have had a pet die within the last two years, to cover the period before, during and after the pandemic.

I would like to complete data collection by the end of June so I would appreciate it if you could participate within the next couple of weeks.

I am available to answer any questions about the survey on ajy00002 at students.stir.ac.uk<mailto:ajy00002 at students.stir.ac.uk>.

https://tinyurl.com/PetBereavementJune21<https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2FPetBereavementJune21&data=04%7C01%7Cajy00002%40students.stir.ac.uk%7Cb88da73e295942c1e43108d93091426d%7C4e8d09f7cc794ccb9149a4238dd17422%7C0%7C0%7C637594222806992146%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=KSlc963B%2F%2Fr0XIBXtiXfFheE%2FjhSA1lbSoC%2BIIvFXK0%3D&reserved=0>
Pet Bereavement Survey<https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2FPetBereavementJune21&data=04%7C01%7Cajy00002%40students.stir.ac.uk%7Cb88da73e295942c1e43108d93091426d%7C4e8d09f7cc794ccb9149a4238dd17422%7C0%7C0%7C637594222807002105%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=m0fGtWnHOlyonq0BSFcww3ym7GUjJAjHgAjb6FKeMhI%3D&reserved=0>
An investigation into people's experiences after the death of their pet.
tinyurl.com

The University achieved an overall 5 stars in the QS World University Rankings 2020
UK Sports University of the Year 2020 (Times Higher Good University Guide)
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC 011159.