[BERG] BERG meeting, 20 January

Pawel Fedurek pawel.fedurek at stir.ac.uk
Fri Jan 8 11:32:50 GMT 2021

Dear BERGers,

Happy New Year! I hope all of you had a nice Xmas break and are ready for 2021!

I am writing to let you know that our first BERG meeting will take place on Wednesday the 20th of January. We will be hosting Dr Jessica Hartel (Kibale Chimpanzee Project; University of North Georgia), who will tell us about her conservation work on Kanyawara chimpanzees (please see the abstract attached).

We very much hope to see you all during the meeting. We will use MSTeams so you should receive a link to the meeting soon. Below, I also put a list of speakers for January - March.

Date    Time    Speaker Affiliation     Presentation topic (tentative)
20-Jan-20       16:00   Jessica Hartel  University of North Georgia     Landmines in the forest: Assessing and mitigating the threats of snares to wild chimpanzee conservation in Uganda
27-Jan-20       16:00   Patrick Tkaczynski      Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology      Maternal effects on offspring development in wild apes
03-Feb-20       16:00   Alexander Georgiev      Bangor University       Zanzibar Red Colobus Project (tentative)
10-Feb-20       16:00   TBC
17-Feb-20       16:00   Stefano Kaburu  University of Wolverhampton     Human-macaque interactions (tentative)
03-Mar-20       16:00   Laetitia Marechal       University of Lincoln   All about that face: facial features as potential drivers for human-primate interactions
10-Mar-20       16:00   Adrian Soldati  University of Neuchatel Audience effects of chimpanzee pant hooting
17-Mar-20       16:00   Jo Setchell     Durham University       Decolonising Primatology
24-Mar-20       16:00   Drew Enigk      University of New Mexico        Social relationship formation and competition among adolescent and adult wild chimpanzees (Kanyawara, Uganda)

If you would like to give a talk or to invite someone to present for us, just let us know!

Best wishes,

Pawel and Sarah

The University achieved an overall 5 stars in the QS World University Rankings 2020
UK Sports University of the Year 2020 (Times Higher Good University Guide)
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC 011159.