[BERG] BERG Wednesday 27th May, 5.30pm

Hannah Buchanan-Smith h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk
Tue May 26 14:11:58 BST 2020

Dear BERGers

Mark Kingston Jones (Enrichment with Bite) will lead a discussion on:
Can/Should/Will Enrichment Fill the Gap Between Welfare, Education, and Entertainment for Zoos (and Sanctuaries)

Mark has put amazing video footage of enrichment in action - with an explanation of the topic - on this YouTube link: https://youtu.be/aeyFJelpnyc<https://youtu.be/aeyFJelpnyc?fbclid=IwAR0opT12nNkoKK0V0drXfNZRbHeCrXQYU9lr4jANyEis1iyAsyHKpjnqWlU>
Please take 15 mins to enjoy it in advance, as it will form the basis for discussion.

The link for the Zoom BERG meeting on Wednesday 27th May @ 17.30 (BST) is:

Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85235213041?pwd=SDFmWHhqZzBvbmVJNzgvb2Ivbnk2UT09<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85235213041?pwd%3DSDFmWHhqZzBvbmVJNzgvb2Ivbnk2UT09&sa=D&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw1E4fEFqS7Op3o4kPNijF-h>

Meeting ID: 852 3521 3041

Password: 882965

Next week (3rd June) we have Sarah Weir and Ellie Berry leading a discussion on Animals in the Media

The final BERG meeting (10 June)  before the summer break will be by Zsuzsa Lugosi - topic forthcoming!

For those of you new to our Zoom BERG format - we join Zoom from 17.25, do a very quick set of introductions starting 17.30 promptly.

We request that YOU use the "chat" to jot down any point you wish to include in a record of the meeting. I attach a privacy statement.

Anyone who wants to become a regular BERGer - just subscribe here - and you can also unsubscribe.

Hannah M. Buchanan-Smith
Professor, Behaviour and Evolution Research Group (BERG)

Psychology, Faculty of Natural Sciences
University of Stirling
Stirling, FK9 4LA
Scotland

E-mail: h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk<mailto:h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk>
Home page: https://rms.stir.ac.uk/converis-stirling/person/11925

http://marmosetcare.com/

http://www.animalconcepts.eu/247animalwelfare/

http://refiningdogcare.com/

The University achieved an overall 5 stars in the QS World University Rankings 2020
UK Sports University of the Year 2020 (Times Higher Good University Guide)
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC 011159.