[BERG] BERG tomorrow - Wednesday 6th May @ 5.30pm

Hannah Buchanan-Smith h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk
Tue May 5 16:26:00 BST 2020

Sharon Kessler will lead  BERG tomorrow at 5.30pm. We shall discuss how to protect wild primates from Covid-19.

Sharon has a brief video to share during the meeting, and anyone who wishes to prepare in advance will find this Science article<https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/05/primatologists-work-keep-great-apes-safe-coronavirus?utm_campaign=news_daily_2020-05-04&et_rid=445826332&et_cid=3313998> (and associated weblinks) of interest.

Click to join Zoom Meeting; https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83230994331
Meeting ID: 832 3099 4331

Bring your own drinks and nibbles, as usual.

BERG - 13th April, 2020

I'm delighted to let you know that Kristine Gandia has agreed to lead the BERG presentation on Wednesday 13th May, at 5.30pm. A Zoom link will follow.

Her topic is  "Using a worldwide zoo database to assess the effect of circadian synchrony on animal welfare"

In other animal welfare news, Sabrina Brando, PhD student and Director of AnimalConcepts has launched Practical Animal Welfare Science (PAWS)

See: https://animalconcepts.eu/PAWS/

Access to membership options:  https://paws.mykajabi.com/

What is ‘PAWS’?

Practical Animal Welfare Science (PAWS) is a multilingual online platform by AnimalConcepts aligned with our responsibility to provide animals in human care with environments that promote optimal welfare. This platform will provide animal care and welfare related information on a wide variety of topics through resources and information, such as blogs, vlogs, podcasts, infographics, webinars, courses, and events.

Through a membership experience you will be able to join like-minded care professionals from around the world who are all committed to excellence in animal care and promoting optimal animal welfare.

The PAWS platform will provide you access to quality content, which enables you to attain many skills that benefit the animals, your team, and you, making you a valuable team member for the animals, your current facility, or a future organisation.

Vision

AnimalConcepts’s vision for PAWS is optimal wellbeing for animals in human care globally through science and best practices.

Mission

Our mission is to promote optimal animal wellbeing globally by providing quality multilingual content. We aim to unite animal care and welfare professionals, corporations, and academic organisations in their goals to facilitate, support, and pursue evidence-based programs with compassion and integrity.

Hannah M. Buchanan-Smith
Professor, Behaviour and Evolution Research Group (BERG)

Psychology, Faculty of Natural Sciences
University of Stirling
Stirling, FK9 4LA
Scotland

E-mail: h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk<mailto:h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk>
Home page: https://rms.stir.ac.uk/converis-stirling/person/11925
http://marmosetcare.com/
http://www.animalconcepts.eu/247animalwelfare/
http://refiningdogcare.com/
The University achieved an overall 5 stars in the QS World University Rankings 2020
UK Sports University of the Year 2020 (Times Higher Good University Guide)
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC 011159.