[BERG] BERG Update; Happy International Women's Day!

Sarah Kraemer s.b.kraemer at stir.ac.uk
Tue Mar 10 11:03:28 GMT 2020

Dear BERGers,

Another Week, another Weminder e-mail! This week is extra special, because on Mar 08, 2020, Scotland celebrated "International Women's Day"! Shout-out to all of the fierce female minds that plan, present for, and attend BERG, contributing so much of themselves to make our research group worthwhile. 🤜🤛

Following that point, this week we have decided to cancel the BERG meeting due to the UCU strikes taking place Monday through Friday, and causing some understandably lower-than-usual attendance. Instead, on March 18, we will have THREE presenters giving brief presentations discussing their research efforts. It is simply an added bonus that they all happen to be women! 👊

On 18 March 2020, at 5:30pm, please come on down to Cottrell 3A94 to hear the following short talks and learn more about these topics:

Juliet Robertsone - “Restricted access to working memory does not prevent cumulative improvement in a cultural evolution task”

Kateřina Fiurašková - "MHC, hormonal contraception and women's reproductive success"

Lucie Kuncová - "Imprinting-like effect and similarity in body odour"

See you next week, Ruth BERGer GinsBERG's!

-Sarah and Gema

The iceBERG sign-up link is here: https://stir.box.com/s/6m677eyq85vi1id5dumcl7x3yney5t35

Members may choose any slots and e-mail Sarah Kraemer and/or Gema Martin-Ordas to be put on the schedule.
( s.b.kraemer at stir.ac.uk; gema.martin-ordas at stir.ac.uk )

The Spring 2020 Schedule for BERG presentations is here: https://stir.box.com/s/2nz26sgrlkwmjl72a5oz7j8uuo1qmdd7
[Same instructions as above]