[BERG] SPRG Burn Meeting 24th - 26th April, 2020

Hannah Buchanan-Smith h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk
Mon Jan 20 09:08:38 GMT 2020

BERGers – Scottish Primate Research Group (SPRG) meeting – please respond directly to Lara. The meeting is ALWAYS fantastic!

It's that time when we start chasing you for booking confirmations and asking for deposits for the 2020 Burn meet.

For those of you who are new to SPRG, the meeting is a chance for all members to get together in the beautiful surroundings of The Burn, to discuss research that is going on within our group, and of course to walk, chat, play games, eat, drink, and be merry. You can find more details about the venue on their website (http://theburn.goodenough.ac.uk/).

This year’s meeting takes place from the 24th-26th April 2020. We can arrive from 4:00pm on Friday 24th and leave after lunch on Sunday 26th April, though we will still need to clear our rooms in the morning.

This year Manon, Emma and I will be organising the meeting. There will be a series of talks given throughout the weekend so please also let us know now if you would like a talk slot. These do not need to be particularly formal talks - the Burn is a great place to discuss project plans or analyses in the works. This year we will be joined by Dr Rachel Kendal<https://www.dur.ac.uk/research/directory/staff/?id=5444> who will be giving an extended talk. Rachel is an Associate Professor at the University of Durham, and she has undertaken extensive research looking at social learning in a large number of primate species. Rachel is the current president of the Cultural Evolution Society<https://culturalevolutionsociety.org/> and SPRG Alumni.

The costs of staying at The Burn are heavily subsidised by the Charitable Trust, and so remain very reasonable. The price of attending, which includes room, meals, etc., will be £190 for staff (those in full time employment) who wish to have a single occupancy room. Because single occupancy rooms are limited in number, we will offer these on a first-come first-serve basis. For students, unwaged members, and/or those who share rooms, the price will be £150.

To confirm your place at the Burn, please send a deposit of £75 to me by the second week of February (14/02/19) - see details below. On the bank reference could you please include your name and "Burn" as this will help me keep track of those who have paid. In a change to previous meetings and in line with the Burn's new policy the full balance will be due on Friday 17th April by bank transfer. This will avoid the need for people to bring excessive amounts of cash (although some will still be required for liquid refreshment). Any cancellations after this period will be non-refundable if we are unable to fill your place.

Account number: 41035106
Sort code: 07-01-16
​Bank reference: "Burn *your name*"

To help us keep things organised, after paying the deposit, please send me an email at lara.wood at abertay.ac.uk<mailto:lara.wood at abertay.ac.uk> and include the following details:

Use the subject header: The SPRG Burn meeting 2019
Give your name:
If you prefer a single room (noting additional cost and no promises):
Affiliation and career stage (e.g., St Andrews, PhD student)
Dietary requirements: (if any)
If you are interested in giving a talk: (yes/no)
Topic of your talk: (title can be decided later but please indicate your/the general topic):

Places are limited, so don't miss your chance. In the first instance, bookings are restricted to members and SPRG associates. However, should places be left unclaimed by the middle of February, invitations will be opened to colleagues from further afield. Reply early to avoid disappointment- last year booked up very quickly.

Please pass this email onto any news members of labs etc. that should be part of SPRG but may not yet be on the mailing list. If you have a non-SPRG colleague whom you know would like to come and give a talk please drop us an email to discuss options.

All the best,

Lara, Emma and Manon
Dr Lara Wood, PhD, PGCert, MA, BA | Lecturer
Psychology Division
Abertay University | Bell Street | DUNDEE | DD1 1HG
Abertay University is a charity registered in Scotland No. SCO16040.

I do not work Thursdays.

Recently published work with children and capuchins here<https://research-repository.st-andrews.ac.uk/bitstream/handle/10023/11463/Wood_Whiten_JCompPsych_AAM.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y>
Personal Website<https://larawood.wordpress.com/>

E: lara.wood at abertay.ac.uk<mailto:lara.wood at abertay.ac.uk>
T: 01382 308583

Abertay University is a charity registered in Scotland, No. SC016040

Follow us: www.abertay.ac.uk<http://www.abertay.ac.uk> | @AbertayUni<https://twitter.com/AbertayUni> | AbertayLinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/edu/school?id=12685> | AbertayFacebook<https://www.facebook.com/AbertayUni>

Any views or opinions expressed in this email and any attachments are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Abertay University. This email and any attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you must take no action based on the email or its attachments, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.