[BERG] This week's BERG: Laura Scullion-Hall discussing refinement of laboratory-housed dog care

Donna Kean d.e.kean1 at stir.ac.uk
Mon Oct 30 15:27:06 GMT 2017

Dear BERGers,

This week we will have a talk from Laura Scullion-Hall entitled ‘Refining Dog Care: working with industry to improve the welfare of laboratory-housed dogs’. Below is a summary of what will be presented:

Dogs are used worldwide in the development of new medicines, yet few evidence-based Refinements have been developed to improve their welfare. This talk will discuss research conducted in partnership with the UK pharmaceutical industry, and how improvements to training, welfare and data quality are being made.

 [cid:image001.png at 01D35193.868AEBD0]

Please also find the BERG schedule attached for this semester. We have one slot remaining, if you would like to present/host a discussion please do let me know.

Drinks and nibbles provided as usual!

Best,
Donna