[BERG] Events of interest to BERGers

Hannah Buchanan-Smith h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk
Wed Aug 16 16:04:07 BST 2017

It is fantastic that Donna is organising our BERG seminars next semester – please do sign up for a session!
These sessions are a great way to get feedback on ideas, and they depend on us all to make them work….

There are other events of special interest to BERGers -

Jo White from Progressive ideas, will speak on the topic of Human Behaviour Change for Animal Welfare
Thursday 21st September, 4pm in room 3A94 in Cottrell building.

http://www.progressiveideas.co.uk/jo-white/

I shall circulate her abstract nearer the time, but please add to your diary if you are interested.

Also – we have a lecture
Tamed: With Professor Alice Roberts

Tuesday 17 Oct 2017, 7.30pm
http://macrobertartscentre.org/event/tame-with-alice-roberts-/

You will need to buy your own ticket.

Join Professor Alice Roberts as she delves into archaeology, history and genetics to reveal the amazing stories of the species that became our allies.

£16.50 / £14.50 Conc

Book Tickets<http://macrobertartscentre.org/event/tame-with-alice-roberts-/#book_tickets>

How do you tame wildness? For hundreds of thousands of years our ancestors existed in a world where they depended on wild plants and animals. They were hunter-gatherers, consummate survival experts, but taking the world as they found it. Then a revolution happened: we started to domesticate wild species and they became crucial to our own survival and success.

Join Alice Roberts as she delves into archaeology, history and genetics to reveal the amazing stories of the species that became our allies. From dogs, cattle and horses to wheat, potatoes and apples, find out how taming all these species has left its mark on them - and us.

Hannah M. Buchanan-Smith
Professor, Behaviour and Evolution Research Group (BERG)

Room 3A79, Cottrell
Psychology, Faculty of Natural Sciences
University of Stirling
Stirling, FK9 4LA