[BERG] BERG meetings

Hannah Buchanan-Smith h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk
Thu Sep 1 16:36:03 BST 2016

Dear BERGers
I am pleased to say that Hayley Ash will be organising the Behaviour and Evolution Research Group (BERG) seminars this coming semester. These seminars are held on Wednesdays at 5.30pm in 3A94.
Meetings will start on Wednesday 14th September, so please add these Wednesday dates to your diaries, noting there will be no meeting on Wed 26th October as it is mid semester break, and we shall wind up early-mid December
The first meeting is on Wednesday 14th September at 5.30pm in 3A94 (Psychology common room). We shall use this meeting for introductions, including I hope for our new students, and updates from the summer...please come prepared to share news of any grants awarded, papers published, exciting conferences attended etc.
Hayley will circulate a Doodle poll to sign up. Presenting at BERG is an excellent way to practice talks, hone your presentation skills, get feedback on grant application ideas, lead a discussion of a controversial/interesting research paper etc. You can also suggest external speakers who we might invite (local speakers only please).
If you have new students who might wish to be on the BERG mailing list, please send them this e-mail. To sign up to the BERG mailing list new folk must complete the form available here:
You can also use this link to unsubscribe.
We'll send round the Doodle poll later, but please add the dates to your dairy. We'd appreciate those who gave conference talks recently to take the early slots!
Many thanks, Hannah and Hayley

Hannah M. Buchanan-Smith
Professor, Behaviour and Evolution Research Group (BERG)

Psychology, Faculty of Natural Sciences
University of Stirling
Stirling, FK9 4LA
Scotland