[BERG] Amazing two day event on "The Value of Human-Animal Interactions” in Stirling, 18-19 September

Hannah Buchanan-Smith h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk
Wed Jul 22 10:45:59 BST 2015

At Paws for Progress we are thrilled to be hosting a two day event focusing on “The Value of Human-Animal Interactions”. This event will be held on Friday the 18th and Saturday the 19th of September at the Stirling Court Hotel on the University of Stirling campus.

We would be delighted if you could join us to explore and celebrate the incredible relationship between humans and animals. Across the two days there will be a range of excellent guest speakers who will discuss the value of HAI in a variety of settings including health care, education and rehabilitation. The event will feature talks from Rebecca Leonardi (Paws for Progress), Elizabeth Ormerod (SCAS), Belinda Johnston (Our Special Friends), Jo Williams (The University of Edinburgh) and Lesley Winton (Fostering Compassion), alongside many networking opportunities and interactive workshops.

Workshops will be run by representatives from a range of organisations, including Dementia Dog, Dogs for the Disabled, Star Wards, SSPOT, People and Animals, Turn About Pegasus and more.

Refreshments will be provided throughout the day alongside a 2 course lunch, and there will also be the opportunity to bring your own information stand or display for no extra charge. Please get in touch with us at info at pawsforprogress.co.uk<mailto:info at pawsforprogress.co.uk>  to book a space for your stand.

Early bird tickets: We are currently offering discounts for those of you who book early.  Currently,1 day passes are available at a discounted rate of £120 whilst 2 day passes are available at a fantastic price of £200. This offer is only available until the 14th of August and thereafter 1 day passes will be available for £150, and 2 day passes at £250.

Please do share the attached poster with details of the event with friends and colleagues. Further details about the event are also available at www.pawsforprogress.com<http://www.pawsforprogress.com/> and please get in touch with us at info at pawsforprogress.co.uk<mailto:info at pawsforprogress.co.uk> with any queries.

Tickets are available at the following link:
http://shop.stir.ac.uk/browse/extra_info.asp?compid=1&modid=1&catid=27&prodvarid=21

We hope to see many of you at the event, and look forward to welcoming you to an amazing two days of sharing experience, knowledge and celebrating the fantastic work which is being carried out across the UK to embrace the incredible relationship between humans and animals.​

With kind regards,

The team at Paws for Progress

Hope to see some of you there!
Check out: New methods for monitoring and improving welfare of laboratory dogs<http://www.bbsrc.ac.uk/news/policy/2014/140918-n-animal-welfate-laboratory-dogs.aspx>

Hannah M. Buchanan-Smith
Professor, Behaviour and Evolution Research Group
Director of Learning and Teaching in SNS

Psychology, School of Natural Sciences
University of Stirling
Stirling, FK9 4LA
Scotland