[BERG] BERG tomorrow

Hannah Buchanan-Smith h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk
Tue Sep 16 08:45:14 BST 2014

Dear all

Tomorrow is our first BERG meeting - with a talk from Eoin O'Sullivan entitled "Examining the mechanisms of social contagion: A study of behavioural and emotional contagion in capuchin monkeys (Sapajus sp.)".

5.30pm in 3A94 (Psychology common room) as usual.  Drinks and nibbles as usual.

Still places to sign up - please!

I have set up a Doodle sign-up, so just fill out one date to indicate the week that you would like to present.  ONE person per week, please.

Presenting at BERG is an excellent way to practice talks, hone your presentation skills, get feedback on grant application ideas, lead a discussion of a research paper  etc.
You might also like to invite a post-grad student or colleague from a nearby University - we have some funds to pay for local travel/dinner for external speakers.

The sign up is here:  http://doodle.com/d6gu3tbsui72ydwz<%20http:/doodle.com/d6gu3tbsui72ydwz>
When you sign up for a slot, please send me a brief title so I can circulate the programme in advance.

Many thanks, Hannah

 Kelly/Phyllis - for new MSc students:

To sign up to the BERG mailing list new folk must complete the form available here:
You can also use this link to unsubscribe.

Recently launched: http://marmosetcare.com/

Hannah M. Buchanan-Smith
Professor, Behaviour and Evolution Research Group
Psychology, School of Natural Sciences
University of Stirling
Stirling, FK9 4LA
Scotland
Tel: 01786 467674
Fax: 01786 467641
E-mail: h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk<mailto:h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk>
Home page: https://rms.stir.ac.uk/converis-stirling/person/11925

--
The University of Stirling has been ranked in the top 12 of UK universities for graduate employment*.
94% of our 2012 graduates were in work and/or further study within six months of graduation.