[BERG] 3 videos and another BERG change

Hannah Buchanan-Smith h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk
Fri Nov 7 15:20:19 GMT 2014

Dear all

Here are links to three short videos I've been asked to publicise....

IUCN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7GQZsGmW5Y

As part of our communications and fundraising campaign to support the 50th anniversary of The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species, we have released a stunning video explaining the importance of The IUCN Red List as a powerful tool that drives action for nature conservation. Featuring fabulous images, the video was produced by the photographer and filmmaker Mattius Klum, who is also an IUCN Goodwill Ambassador.

More details:  http://www.iucn.org/about/work/programmes/species/our_work/the_iucn_red_list/

CI's Nature is Speaking - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmVLcj-XKnM

World Lemur festival - http://youtu.be/cSEJ4he3QFI

Also another change to the BERG schedule (attached) - sadly Dr Katherine Herborn from Glasgow can no longer make 3rd December, so Kris Descovich will present on Macaque behaviour and welfare.

Finally, Dr Ian Peers, Global head of Statistics at AstraZeneca, who has recently been appointed as an Honorary Professor here, will also be attending BERG on 26th November, and will be happy to talk to you about any statistical issues you might raise.

Best, Hannah

Check out: New methods for monitoring and improving welfare of laboratory dogs<http://www.bbsrc.ac.uk/news/policy/2014/140918-n-animal-welfate-laboratory-dogs.aspx>

Hannah M. Buchanan-Smith
Professor, Behaviour and Evolution Research Group
Director of Learning and Teaching in SNS

Psychology, School of Natural Sciences
University of Stirling
Stirling, FK9 4LA
Scotland