[BERG] BERG sign up for Spring!

Hannah Buchanan-Smith h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk
Wed Jan 18 17:01:07 GMT 2012

Dear BERGers

With Christine on sabbatical, I am tasked with running BERG again, unless someone else would like to volunteer to lead it - please just let me know! Mind the rush....

The first meeting is on Wednesday 22 February at 5.30pm in 3A94 (Psychology common room), and is mainly a social catch up. I'll do a brief slide presentation on recent adventures in the Himalayas.

I have set up a Doodle sign-up, so just fill it out to indicate the week that you would like to present (and add dates to your diary).

Presenting at BERG is an excellent way to practice talks, hone your presentation skills, get feedback on grant application ideas, lead a discussion of a research paper  etc.

The sign up is here: http://www.doodle.com/8tmhhnwum3isknnu

When you sign up for a slot, please send me a brief title/topic BEFORE 15th February so I can circulate the programme in advance.

If you have new students who wish to be on the BERG mailing list, please send them this e-mail. To sign up to the BERG mailing list new folk must complete the form available here:

UFAW generously sponsors our meetings. If you are not already a member please consider joining UFAW (http://www.ufaw.org.uk/ ). It is only £5 for students (£10 others) without access to their journal, Animal Welfare.  By joining UFAW you can help make real, practical and lasting advances to animal welfare throughout the world - for companion animals, farm animals, animals used in research, captive wild animals and those living in the wild that are affected by human activities. Please do join to thank them for their continued support of us in BERG and to enhance animal welfare.

Many thanks, Hannah

Just launched: http://marmosetcare.com/

Hannah M. Buchanan-Smith
Professor, Behaviour and Evolution Research Group
Psychology, School of Natural Sciences
University of Stirling
Stirling, FK9 4LA
Scotland
Tel: 01786 467674
Fax: 01786 467641
E-mail: h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk<mailto:h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk>
http://www.psychology.stir.ac.uk/staff/staff-profiles/academic-staff/hannah-buchanan-smith

The Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2009/2010
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC 011159.