[BERG] First meeting on Wednesday - 5.30pm

Hannah Buchanan-Smith h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk
Mon Sep 19 18:14:39 BST 2011

Dear all

I am looking forward to seeing you all on Wednesday at our first BERG meeting -5.30 pm in the Psychology Common Room (3A94, Cottrell Building).

This will be introductions, social catch up and a show of photos by Peter Hancock from his trip to Shetland. We shall also use this opportunity to take new photos of the group for the BERG website!

We shall also make an effort to finalise the programme which is already looking excellent - thanks to all those who have signed up.

We still have slots free (note that Bethan may move her presentation to December due to popular demand), and are looking for volunteers. Remember that you don't need a polished talk - you can offer to lead a discussion on a  journal paper, or present research ideas etc.

Date

Person Responsible

Speaker and Topic

21 September

Hannah

Introductions - drinks, nibbles, catch up
Peter Hancock will show photos from Shetland

28th September

Hannah

Roman Wittig (presenting) & Cathy Crockford (University of St Andrews) - Social bonds among chimpanzees - physiological evidence

5 October
2A73

Hannah

Andrew Bagnall (Edinburgh) - A visit to Seram Island, Indonesia
Change of location - 2A73

12 October (HBS away)

19 October

Jim

Jim Anderson - Monkeys judge reciprocity between humans

26 October

MID-SEMESTER

2 November

9 November (HBS away)

Rob

Rob Burriss - Mate-preference versus mate-choice in humans

16 November

Hannah

Emily Messer (St Andrews) - Squirrel monkey social learning

23 November

Louise

Louise Lock - Chimpanzees' preferred nesting materials

30 November

Hannah

Bethan Morgan - Chimpanzee conservation

7 December

14 December

Hope to see you on Wednesday, Hannah

Hannah M. Buchanan-Smith
Professor, Behaviour and Evolution Research Group
Psychology, School of Natural Sciences
University of Stirling
Stirling, FK9 4LA
Scotland
Tel: 01786 467674
Fax: 01786 467641
E-mail: h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk<mailto:h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk>
http://www.psychology.stir.ac.uk/staff/staff-profiles/academic-staff/hannah-buchanan-smith

--
The Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2009/2010
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland,