[BERG] Dates for diaries

Hannah Buchanan-Smith h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk
Wed Jul 20 14:25:33 BST 2011

Hello BERGers

I am going to take over from Christine in organising the autumn series of BERG meetings. These will take place on Wednesdays from 17.30hrs in Stirling, and will likely start on Wednesday 21st September.  I'll start soliciting offers of talks in early September - please get in touch before I have to beg/knobble folk!

Another talk of interest is on 12th September, in Edinburgh. Prof Michael Huffman visiting from the University of Kyoto will give a talk entitled "Chimpanzee use of plants as medicine and the evolution of self-medication in primates and other animals" (exact location, and time confirmed later). His talk is part of the Wellcome Trust grant, "Living Links to Human Biology and Medicine", a joint project with Prof Andrew Whiten and Dr Mark Bowler (St Andrews), Stephen Woollard (RZSS) and myself. There will be another three talks on the overall theme of "Living Links to Human Biology, Mind and Medicine" which I'll send you details of, as and when.

Thanks again to Christine, and speakers for a very successful BERG programme in Spring.

Best, Hannah

Hannah M. Buchanan-Smith
Professor, Behaviour and Evolution Research Group
Psychology, School of Natural Sciences
University of Stirling
Stirling, FK9 4LA
Scotland
Tel: 01786 467674
Fax: 01786 467641
E-mail: h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk<mailto:h.m.buchanan-smith at stir.ac.uk>
http://www.psychology.stir.ac.uk/staff/staff-profiles/academic-staff/hannah-buchanan-smith

--
The Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2009/2010
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland,